Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Classroom Library

Whew!  I'm weary already and I've only just begun.  I've entered data for 453 books on Classroom Organizer but I haven't even made a dent in my books.  I just keep telling myself how great it will be to have this task completed.  There have been way too many times I have purchased a book only to discover I already had it .  I just couldn't find it.

I have searched and searched for suggestions on how to label and categorize the books.  The best advice I found was to choose your main categories and everything else goes into the reading level bins.  So, I currently have 12 categories and 4 leveled bins.  A-C, D-F, G-J, and K-... are my levels.  I might end up switching them around if I get too many in a bin.  I got my bins at Target and I really like the sizes.

I need to figure out if I want to pass along my M- books to the 1-2 grade teacher.  I doubt my kinders will reach those levels.

Off to bed!  I will dream of ISBN numbers and Guided Reading Levels.  Zzzzzzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment